Monday 2 April 2018

MVID: Final Rough Cut

Here is my final rough cut. I have stated how I have reflected on audience feedback and also just the general things I have added or changed to the video since the last rough cut. 

Link to Audience Feedback:
After getting audience feedback for rough cut 4, I found that:

1. It was really helpful to know who my mum and my sister thought was the target audience for my video (females + males aged 15-18) because this is quite correct.

2. My mum and my sister didn't exactly think there was a problem with this but even so, I thought I should break up the long drawn out breakup scene with some other shots of the couple breaking up.

3. They said they thought the layering was very striking and impressive so I decided to keep all the layering that I have in the video so far because clearly it got a great response from the audience and it's very striking and impressive to the audience - I will therefore add some more layering into my video. 

4. I am not going to mess with the editing pace much more I don't think due to the feedback I got, I decided to make the section between 0:55-1:10 cut faster to the beat while the beats are building up to the drop which is on the line "touching me gently". 

5. I found it useful to know that the narrative I am trying to portray is coming across to the audience and that it is clear everything is from the female character's point of view. This is exactly what I wanted the audience to think. 
...

...
What I have changed since the last rough cut:
1. Added some re-filmed footage of the break-up scene (inside in Utopolis Kirchberg) to go with the existing old footage of the couple break up (infront of Philarmonie - outside). 

2. Added some new footage of the couple doing intimate things together (couple flashback) in red lighting (colour gels created that effect). 

3. Re-edited the section between 0:55-1:10, so that there is fast pace editing for longer (from immediately when the beat starts to build up before the drop).

No comments:

Post a Comment