Monday 2 April 2018

EVALUATION Q4: Technologies

EVALUATION Q4: How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware and online - in this project?
Throughout the year I have used many different kinds of software, hardware and online. The 3 main pieces of software I have used are Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Photoshop and QuickTime Player. These three pieces of software I have used to create a lot of things for example my digipak, my music video, the videos for the evaluation questions etc. I have learned lots of new skills on FCPX and Adobe Photoshop which I had no idea about at the start of A2 Media, for example, for Photoshop - experimenting with layers, blending modes, quick selection tool, pen tools etc. To illustrate this point even further, earlier on in the year, I produced a screen recording tutorial video where I go over how to use some of the basic tools on photoshop and the basics in how to use Photoshop in general:
...

...

I also made another screen recording video, earlier in the year, which illustrates the basic tools I have used throughout the year, in Final Cut Pro X:
...


...

In terms of hardware, there is a huge amount which I have used to produce my music video, digipak, website and evaluation questions. The piece of hardware I have used the most is definitely the Sony A58. This is a DSLR Camera which takes very good quality images. The 2nd most used piece of hardware is an Amazon tripod with a pistol grip. Here below, is a video that I created to show how to set up camera + tripod, I specifically used a Sony A58 and an Amazon tripod, even though the same process applies with any camera + tripod:
...

...

Also, to showcase the Sony A58 DSLR Camera, I produced a 'Sony A58 Review video' to address the creative side of the evaluation question. You can watch this video below:

For the creative side of this question I decided to make 4 videos including a review video of the Sony A58, a lynda.com DIY 'How to set up your own greenscreen' video, a lynda.com 'DIY Colour Gels Lighting' Video and a Wix Advert. To address the bulk of the question, however, I decided to create a Powerpoint presentation.  

REVIEW VIDEO OF SONY A58
...

...
The Script:
"Hello there, this is Tessa from Digital Camera World and today I will be reviewing the new introduced, bottom of its SLT line-up, Sony A58 camera. It replaces not one, but two cameras - the a37 and a57, in an attempt to simplify the beginner range of Alpha cameras. The A58 is a DSLT. The T stands for translucent and refers to the fixed mirror inside the camera. Unlike regular DSLR's, light travels through the mirror, rather than it flipping out of the way. This means that the camera can offer faster frame rates and quicker auto focus in live view which the camera is always shooting in and in video mode. 

The A58 is quite heavy and big in it's body, with this large grip and rubberised coating helping when shooting one handed. On the top of the camera you can see a mode dial for switching between the various shooting modes on offer, including fully automatic, fully manual and semi-automatic options such as aperture and shutter priority. There are also quite a few other options found in this mode dial including scene mode, sweet panorama and picture effects. 

Now, moving onto the buttons on the back of the camera. They are well laid out with easy access to almost everything with your right thumb. Only the main menu button is more unaccessible, but with the quick function menu with this button, you should find that you don't need to go into the full menu very often. You can access all the most commonly used settings including white balance, drive mode and picture effects via this function button. It's also here that you will find auto object framing, a new feature for the alpha series, which automatically crops your images in a way in which the camera thinks is a better composition. 

At the top of the camera is a zoom button. This is used to activate Sony's clear zoom function. 

As there's not a traditional mirror in the camera, the a58 uses an electronic view finder rather than an optical view finder. Some people don't like electronic view finders, but there are some distinct advantages. The ability to see any changes you make in live time via the view finder is useful. As is the captured image popping up to help you know whether or not you have nailed the shots. This sensor here automatically switches to the view finder and switches off the LED screen when the camera is lifted to the eye. 

The screen on the front does tilt up and down to make it easier when shooting from some strange awkward positions, in landscape format. It's not as much help when shooting in portrait format though. It's quite a low resolution screen but it doesn't suffer too badly from glare or reflection. With the ability to tilt the screen helping if the sun is very strong. 

Once again Sony has decided to not incorporate a touchscreen on it's entry level model. One of the problems with the translucent mirror is that less light is able to get into the sensor sometimes meaning that the lens hunts around to find something to focus on, ESPECIALLY in lower light conditions. The A58 kit lens has quite a noisy focus mechanism so this can be a little distracting in certain situations. 

Sony alpha camera have impressed us before with their excellent image quality and the A58 is no different. Generally it produces very detailed shots with good colour and exposure. 

Also, finally Sony has included the 13-55mm kit lens as standard with the Alpha 58, which covers an equivalent focal length of 27.82.5mm in 35mm terms. 

That's it for this review, thank you for watching, click subscribe to stay tuned for more reviews to come!"

LYNDA.COM DIY 'HOW TO SET UP YOUR OWN GREENSCREEN' TUTORIAL VIDEO
...

...
The Script:
"Hi there, this is Devon Harrington here from Lynda.com and today I will be showing you how to set up your own greenscreen at hom, DIY, so basically I'm in my bedroom at the moment, and you can pick any room that you want to do this in. If you want to have the whole set up of lights, it's better to do it in a dark room or a room where you can easily cover the windows. So there's a window here and a window there, and you can easily just cover up the windows with black sheeting and then it can create a whole greenscreen studio effect. And basically yeah, I'm going to show you how to set this greenscreen up.

First of all, you need to buy a green piece of cloth, quite a large piece of cloth and you can either get this off Amazon or you can just find a green piece of cloth, it will do the exact same thing, but however, if you buy a piece of cloth there will be the risk that there's creases, as you can see there are some creases here, and it just slightly changes the effect of what you're trying to create, so it leaves some marks and things in the shot. But if you don't want this effect, then you can get a rolling piece of paper which stays quite smooth and straight which will create a nice effect. But yeah, anyway, today I'm going to be doing it with a piece of cloth as you can see behind me and also using tape and scissors, so basically you can use this kind of tape or I would recommend using a stronger piece of tape because if you want to leave this up for a few days or if you want to leave it up for a while then you should have a stronger piece of tape because this, after a few days, when you stick it on here, it doesn't really last that long, the greenscreen will start to fall down, so yeah. But today I am going to be using that tape and yeah, I'm going to show you how to do it, so, let's go. 


That's how you make a greenscreen studio basically. By doing exactly what I did. You can also do it a lot more precise than I have obviously because I have just put tape everywhere but anyway, that is how you put a greenscreen up, so thanks for watching, stay subscribed!" 

LYNDA.COM DIY COLOUR GELS LIGHTING TUTURIAL VIDEO
...

...

WIX ADVERT
Here is the 'Wix Advert' I made for this evaluation question. It is extremely cringey and cheesy but that is a good thing because a lot of the original Wix adverts that you probably see pop up on YouTube every time before you want to watch a video and it lets you skip the ad after 3 seconds, are like this. I really tried to make my advert a lot like the originals that you see on YouTube all the time, even the duration of the video is the same as the original Wix adverts. 
...
...
The Script:
"Hi, I'm Astrid S and I have created my own website with wix! With wix, it's easy and the result is stunning, they're are tons of beautiful templates! Everything is drag and drop so if you make a mistake it's easy to make changes. I can change my text and show what I've been up to, with this beautiful gallery, I can showcase my latest social media feed. Nice! I love it! It's fun to play and move things around! And when it comes to my YouTube videos! I can easily add them here, like this! I can also drag and drop my latest gigs and my social media feed! Adding merchandise to my store is as simple as can be! And just like that, I'm ready to go live! With wix I can create my own beautiful website and so can you! Go to wix.com! Create your own stunning website, today!"


POWERPOINT PRESENTATION 
Finally, here is the powerpoint presentation I made with Google Slides on my Google Drive. I cover all the technologies I have used throughout the year to produce all my 3 products, my evaluation questions and everything else a long the way too:
...

...



I have discussed in depth issues around streaming in Q3b Distribution. I have 
Convergence of technology - opportunity to 
I have set up a website with a shop/e-commerce store - I could have linked it to payments, embed playable music linked to multiple streaming platforms therefore there is a revenue source. 
I have distributed my video through YouTube, Instagram, Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment